Learn how to edit your navigation system, including both primary and sub-menus.*
This article covers the process for editing existing menus - both primary menus and sub-menus.
How do I edit an existing menu?
The process for editing the Header, Account, Footer, and Mobile Nav Bar navigation areas is essentially the same - the difference is the app menu updated as a result.
Assuming your app already has at least one primary menu item, when you select the relevant navigation area, you'll see it represented by a schematic.
We've used the Presentation Manager demo site for this example - the setup of your own product site may be different. The schematic for the primary menu item Browse is highlighted below.
To edit the primary menu item:
- Click on the schematic. This expands the view to show the menu item fields.
- To amend or overwrite the primary menu item label, simply type into the text entry box.
As you type, prompts appear with suggested matches from your published pages. You don't have to select from these - feel free to enter a different label.
- Click into the destination field to add or edit a destination for the menu item. Destinations can be paths within the app's published pages or external URLs (which need to be full URLs, e.g., http://www.deltatre.com).
- To delete a menu item completely, hover over the schematic and click on the x icon in the top right-hand corner.
Sub-menus are edited in much the same way. Click the sub-menu schematic to edit it. Configure labels and (optional) destinations.
You can also delete sub-menu items (x) or re-order them by dragging and dropping.
As you edit your menu items, if there are unsaved changes in any of the tabs, you'll see the modified label displayed on that tab.
How do I add more menu items?
To create additional primary menu items, click the button.
To add a new sub-menu to a primary menu item, click on or use to create additional items within a sub-menu group.
- While you can add multiple primary menu items and sub-menus to the Header navigation area, only one primary menu list (with any associated sub-menus) can be added to the Account and Footer navigation.
- However, be careful of adding too many primary menu items. This can cause the navigation bar to wrap oddly on some devices. Less is generally more!
Need to make additional changes before going live?
No problem, save your changes without publishing by selecting the More button, followed by Save. This saves your changes, but keeps your menu items in a draft (unpublished) state.