Looking to create a new list of assets? Click here.*
This article explains how to create new lists from your ingested assets, and how to organize and manage list content.
Topics covered here:
- How to create a new list
- Adding content to your list
- Viewing asset information
- Ordering and managing your list
- Saving and publishing lists
Minimum version requirements: The hover overlay and send to top list features are supported by AXIS 8.2 and above. Send to bottom, and the ability to add trailer assets directly to lists were introduced in AXIS 9.3.
Each list within the catalog consists of previously ingested and grouped assets, e.g., Movies (Latest), TV Shows (All), Genre (Action). List creation is typically part of the ingestion process; however, you have the option to create lists manually.
Once you've saved your lists within Presentation Manager, you can view and manage them in the list catalog. Lists that have been linked to rows and published, display content to your end-users via your reference apps.
How do I create a new list?
To create a new list, navigate to DISPLAY, select Lists, and then click the button.
Enter list metadata
Enter details into the relevant fields.
Note: Please bear in mind when entering information, certain pages will display the list description and the list Title in your Reference Apps.
- Title (mandatory): the name of your list (it need not be unique)
- Tagline: the subtitle of your list, which displays on some pages (85 character limit)
- Description: the summary of your list
To save information, click the button.
You now have a list created. The next stage is to add the list content (assets).
How do I add list content?
Once you've created your list, the Content tab is automatically selected. Find information about the list, including title, status, and last modified information, at the top of the page. List metadata previously entered can be found in the Metadata tab.
Note: Lists that are not yet published have a status of draft. Published lists display as live.
To add assets to a list, follow the steps below:
- Manual curation: Start typing in the Add an asset... field to display a list of suggestions. The asset type filter defaults to ANY. To narrow down your search, select one or more asset types beforehand by clicking on the relevant icon below.
- Using list rules: Alternatively, select the link to add a new rule, and automatically populate your list using parameters you select. Read our using list rules article for more information about curating lists dynamically.
Can I view further asset information?
Yes, if you want to see additional information about an asset before adding it to your list, hover over the asset in the autocomplete dropdown.
This feature was introduced in the AXIS 8.2 release.
How do I manage list content?
Hover over an asset within the list and select the icon to display options to either remove or, if selecting an asset that is not at the top or bottom of the list, send to top or send to bottom.
Alternatively, select an asset and drag and drop it into position.
Note: The advanced view shows XML of the rules used to generate lists and should only be used by Deltatre Engineers.
Saving and publishing lists
Once you click thebutton, the list is made visible to your end users to view and interact with.
Need to make additional changes before going live?
No problem, save your list without publishing by selecting the More button, followed by Save. This action saves your changes but the list remains in a draft state until manually published.
Alternatively, from the More menu, you have the option to Archive or Delete the list.