This is the initial set up point for creating global offers.*
This article covers global offers, their set up, and linking at the asset level.
The diagram below illustrates how rules, assets, users, and user groups interlink, but let's focus primarily on rules and global offers.
Note: Deals and offers are usually ingested or set up by the backend team on a per-project basis.
What are global offers?
Global offers are groups of reusable offers that can be manually applied to individual assets. They tend to be used for one-off overrides such as seasonal content like Christmas promotions.
Note: Global offers should only be used in cases where applying automatic deal offers during ingestion is not possible.
How are offers added to assets?
- Inherited from the deal, the asset is associated with.
- From custom offers, which are defined directly at asset-level.
- From global offers referenced at asset-level.
All three ways in which assets obtain their offers are known as "offer templates," a term we use to group offers.
Configuring global offers
Within Presentation Manager, "Rules" group together three subsections; deals, global offers, and plans. Selecting global offers displays offer templates.
How do I create a new global offer?
Firstly you must create an offer template, this groups your offers, then create and configure your offer(s), e.g., free, subscription, EST, rental, or coming soon.
- Select the button.
- Enter an offer template title.
- Select the Specify absolute dates for offer template period checkbox (an absolute date is a fixed date and time, independent of other set dates in the system.)
- Click the button.
- Define offer types included in the global offer template. For offer type details, click here.
Global offers exist within the offer catalog. To apply a global offer to an asset, this must be carried out at the asset level.
How do I define offers at the asset level?
When viewing an offerable asset in Presentation Manager, the offers tab displays further offer information such as the offer schedule, the associated deal, and offers.
At the bottom of the offers tab, operators have the option to "Add a custom offer" or "Add a global offer."
For more information on adding custom offers, click here.
- Enter a character or global offer title into the "Add a global offer..." field.
- Select the required global offer (this is added underneath the existing Deal.)