On now/next linear row support, improvements to performance, security, and general usability.*
Note: This release is for AXIS Presentation Manager.
This release is focused on minor enhancements to the EPG and Live playback APIs to support new linear features in the next major releases of the Reference Apps. It also includes various improvements to monitoring, performance, security, or general usability of both the AXIS API and Presentation Manager.
Enhanced EPG APIs
The API used by apps to load program schedules has been extended with an additional parameter to limit the amount of data returned not only by date but also by count. Moreover, a brand new API endpoint has been introduced to support the loading of detailed information about a particular schedule entry.
An improved data model for live playback
Live Channel assets used a simplified media file tracking data model that was insufficient to support live playback in different types of devices. This has been updated to use the richer media file data model of other playable asset types like movies, and programs.
Enhanced APM support
One of the critical AXIS Platform API components (ISL) has been updated to support more granular transaction monitoring in New Relic, making it easier to identify bottlenecks or areas of user experience that may become suboptimal during traffic spikes.
Note: In a future release, we will be migrating to DataDog as the default APM solution for the entire AXIS platform.
- The default timezone setting was moved from the Linear section to the General
- Various updates to EPG and Live Player row templates
- List editor - items that are in a state that contains a hyphen (i.e., Offered - More Offerable) will now display correctly when previewed
- Page edit form - fixed a bug where unchanged values of checkboxes would prevent a page from saving
- Offer edit form - fixed a bug that stopped the offer file type from updating when the item type was changed
- Asset type badges are now centered on the asset subtypes management page
- Security patches
- Minor performance improvements