On now/next row and channel list row.*
Note: This release supports Android, AndroidTV, and FireTV devices.
This release contains the first part of our Linear implementation for Android applications. These include:
- The EPG3 row for showing what’s currently airing on a given list of channels
- The CH2 row for showing the upcoming schedule for a specified channel
- The CHD2 row for showing the upcoming schedule for a specified channel on the schedule detail page
EPG3 - Channel List - On Now
The new EPG3 row allows you to display your channels, and the current content airing on this channel, as thumbnails. The progress bar and time slot below will help your users identify how long the current content has left to air.
The color of the progress bar here is determined by the color theme you’ve set for the corresponding channel.
CH2 - Channel schedule (16:9)
The new CH2 row allows you to display the current and future schedules for a single channel. This schedule will extend only as far as the next 24 hours and can only contain a max of 12 items (including on-air). At the end of the row, your users will be able to tap the View Full Schedule button to see more from this channel.
The color of the View Full Schedule button is determined by the color theme you’ve set for the corresponding channel.
CHD2 - Channel schedule (16:9)
The CHD2 row is a specific version of the CH2 row for use exclusively on the Channel detail page. While the CH2 row requires the operator to provide a channel asset to display a channel schedule, the CHD2 row will always use the same channel as the Channel detail page.
- During the latest releases, we’ve experienced a substantial increase in efforts required to support Android 4.4 KitKat. Supporting Android 4.4 KitKat often required individual implementation for both bug fixes and new features. Additionally, some of these new features did not work at all due to a lack of support in OS Android 4.4 KitKat. Given that our default policy is to support the two latest OS versions, we will be dropping support for Android 4.4 KitKat with this release, while adding support for the latest Android 9 Pie.
The player no longer displays a non-interactive gear button and, only on mobile, asset short description.
General UI/UX fixes
- Profile names starting with emoji characters now display correctly
- The navigation bar now disappears completely when scrolling on certain devices, especially devices with a screen notch
- Fixed some minor visual issues on login pages
- Fixed a bug that meant search sometimes yielded no result on the first search attempt
- Fixed a bug that caused the Download panel to appear when a device goes offline and back online
- Fixed a bug that sometimes caused the app to crash when hitting the back button on a search screen with no results
- Fixed an error that showed audio as muted during the playback of downloaded content
Entry.List.Imagemissing for branded rows
App Closedevent unexpectedly dispatching in certain situations
App Closedevent not dispatching when the app is closed by the user