On now/next row, channel list row, New Relic integration.*
Note: This release is specific to the webTV platform (including Samsung Tizen TV, LG webOS TV, and Xbox One devices).
This release contains the first part of our Linear implementation for webTV applications. These include:
- The EPG3 row for showing what’s currently airing on a given list of channels
- The CH2 row for showing the upcoming schedule for a specified channel
- The CHD2 row for showing the upcoming schedule for a specified channel on the schedule detail page
EPG3 - Channel list - On now
The new EPG3 row allows you to display your channels and the current content that is airing on this channel, as thumbnails. The progress bar and time slot below will help your users identify how long the current content has left to air.
The color of the progress bar here is determined by the color theme you’ve set for the corresponding channel.
CH2 - Channel schedule (16:9)
The new CH2 row allows you to display the current and future schedules for a single channel. This schedule will extend only as far as the next 24 hours and can only contain a max of 12 items (including on-air). At the end of the row, your users will be able to tap the View Full Schedule button to see more from this channel.
The color of the View Full Schedule button is determined by the color theme you’ve set for the corresponding channel.
CHD2 - Channel schedule (16:9)
The CHD2 row is a specific version of the CH2 row for use exclusively on the Channel detail page. While the CH2 row requires the operator to provide a channel asset to display a channel schedule, the CHD2 row will always use the same channel as the Channel detail page.
Deeplink support for Samsung Tizen
Public preview and preview feed support added as required for Samsung Tizen apps.
H6 - Hero peeking (16:9) row
Support added for webTV targets.
H5 - Hero (16:9) row does not fall back to 3:1 hero image anymore when displaying a single asset, always displays 16:9 wallpaper instead
- Completely watched logic enhancement, same as in Responsive web Apps 4.4.0
- Corrected the ED1 row overlay placement on images
- The D4 row now displays correctly on the show detail page
- Fixed an issue with the H1 row resulted in branded title images over a certain height getting cropped
- Fixed an issue with the H1, H2, and H5 rows that resulted in more than 12 assets loading per row
- Fixed an issue with the H5 row, the down arrow now always displays, even if there is only one asset in the associated list
- Analytics - Item detail viewed now shows correct object data
- Analytics - Fixed a bug that was causing a 410 Resource Error to send back a 404 status
- Fixed a bug that caused previously watched assets to appear in the Continue Watching row
- Fixed the back journey so that the last season or episode visited is remembered when clicking the back button
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused focus loss after switching languages
- Fixed app navigation when the URL of the Watch page is changed
- The recent searches section will now only display completed searches
- Visual improvements to the Chain-play countdown animation
- The format for Episode metadata is now consistent across the app
- Button focus now starts on Cancel when on the exit confirmation screen
- Fixed an issue that resulted in a buffering loop when replaying assets
- Fixed a bug that sometimes resulted in the burger menu filling the entire screen when selected
LG webOS TV:
- Closing the app using the Back button on the Smart TV remote will now also quit the app
- Assets now restart on fullscreen when selecting the Replay button from the end screen
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused the app to crash when navigating to the S1 row