Right-to-Left, mouse control, and branded rows on webTV.*
Note: This release supports responsive web and webTV apps (including Samsung Tizen, LG webOS, and Xbox One).
AXIS responsive web apps now adapt to display Right-to-Left languages, presenting content from right to left. This is also known as mirroring.
Selecting a RTL language results in the app switching to a right-to-left format. This reorients your layout, text, and graphical content.
The RTL languages supported as part of the 5.1.0 release are Arabic, Hebrew, Kurdish, Persian, and Urdu.
Branded rows on TV apps
We have added a selection of branded rows to our TV apps. These include PB2, PB3, SB2, SB3, TB2, and TB3.
Extended Magic Remote support (LGTV)
The LG Magic Remote can now be used to navigate hero carousels and move through the video player.
Mouse control for webTV apps
Users can now move through the video player with a mouse on webTV apps.
App performance improvements and fixes
We have also fixed a range of bugs to help improve the speed and overall performance of AXIS responsive web and webTV apps.
- Fixed a visual issue on the account pin screen that made it look like it was still loading after successfully entering a pin
- Improved load speed on the Account Select Who's Watching? page
- Fixed a bug that prevented the alignment settings for the H5 Hero row from applying correctly
- Fixed a visual issue that caused a scrollbar to display when viewing the app on tablets
- Fixed an issue that sometimes prevented the minimized player from expanding
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused the password field to lose focus on desktop Safari
- ED3 row now displays on all responsive web apps
- Minor phrasing changes to notification messages
- Minor phrasing changes to the billing history page
- Fixed a bug that caused the menu to move off-screen when scrolling on webTV
- Progress bars now appear on the thumbnails of bookmarked movies on webTV apps
- Fixed an issue that caused the app to get stuck on the exit confirmation screen for Tizen based devices. The app now exits immediately upon pressing the exit shortcut button
- Fixed a bug that prevented the Delete all button from working on Samsung TV
- Fixed a visual issue that sometimes meant the background color of an episode description was incorrect
- Fixed a bug that resulted in the entire front page shifting to the left when the user hovered over their user profile, or when clicking on the profile menu
- Fixed a minor visual issue that caused text overlap with your site language chooser in the footer
- Fixed a bug that prevented the resume point from updating when pausing content on webTV
- Fixed a bug that prevented the replay button from resetting video content back to its start position
- Fixed focus issues on the D4 and D5 rows, as well as on the Movie detail and Show detail pages
- LG Magic Remote can now be used to navigate Hero carousels correctly
- Fixed wording for buttons and show metadata on the Show detail page