On now/next row, channel list row, general improvements.*
Note: This release supports AndroidTV and FireTV devices.
This release contains the first part of our Linear implementation for Android TV applications. These include:
- The EPG3 row for showing what’s currently airing on a given list of channels
- The CH2 row for showing the upcoming schedule for a specified channel
- The CHD2 row for showing the upcoming schedule for a specified channel on the schedule detail page
EPG3 - Channel list - On Now
The new EPG3 row allows you to display your channels and the current content that is airing on this channel, as thumbnails. The progress bar and time slot below will help your users identify how long the current content has left to air.
The color of the progress bar here is determined by the color theme you’ve set for the corresponding channel.
CH2 - Channel schedule (16:9)
The new CH2 row allows you to display the current and future schedules for a single channel. This schedule will extend only as far as the next 24 hours and can only contain a max of 12 items (including on-air). At the end of the row, your users will be able to tap the View Full Schedule button to see more from this channel.
The color of the View Full Schedule button is determined by the color theme you’ve set for the corresponding channel.
CHD2 - Channel schedule (16:9)
The CHD2 row is a specific version of the CH2 row for use exclusively on the Channel Detail page. While the CH2 row requires the operator to provide a channel asset to display a channel schedule, the CHD2 row will always use the same channel as the Channel Detail page.
- Crashlytics added across ATV targets
- Android TV Launcher now targets Android Pie
AndroidTV (and all ATV targets)
- PB4, SB4, TB4 - Branded rows with no theme color now display the default background color
- H1, H2 - added missing gradient behind asset title in the H1 and H2 rows
- H1 - fixed the alignment of the title/badge and logo in the H1 row
- LH2 - asset title, tagline, and logo are now correctly aligned in the LH2 row
- Header - addressed an issue that caused the header to lose screen focus occasionally
- Player - episode metadata now shows the season and episode number as on other targets
- Improved speed and performance across the app
- ED3 - Back to top button is now hidden when scrolling
- DH1, DH2 - fixed blurry appearance of star ratings
- App Crash - addressed an issue that caused the app to crash when selecting search results
- LH1, LH2 - the background image will now remain visible when moving focus
- Search Focus - fixed an issue that caused the search bar to lose focus after searching a term
- Search - fixed an issue that prevented the search bar from collapsing when scrolling through search results.
- U1, U2, U3, U4 - underlay titles are now closer to the item
- U1, U2, U3, U4 - fixed the format of Episode titles
- H5 - fixed an error that caused a black line to appear on focus
- Fixed issues with Android Stream/Download for Standard users