Full screen episode guide, full-width stream view, and channel detail page features.*
Note: This release supports Android, AndroidTV, and FireTV devices.
This release contains the second part of our Linear implementation for Android and Android TV applications. This includes:
- The EPG1 Channel guide row for displaying a fullscreen episode guide for a given list of channels on an EPG page
- The CH1 row for a full-width stream of a specific channel
- Android support for the Channel detail page - for showing the details of a specific channel. Compatible with CHD1, EPG3, CHD2, and CH2 rows
EPG1 - Channel guide
You can now create an EPG page for your Android and Android TV apps that supports the EPG1 Channel guide row. This row can take ingested channels or lists of scheduled content and display it as a fullscreen episode guide.
CH1 - Channel hero
The new CH1 row for Android and Android TV allows you to display a full-width stream of a specific channel. This can be added as a hero header on standard category pages, or as a hero header on the Channel detail page as the CHD1 row.
Channel detail page
The Channel detail page for Android and Android TV is a landing page for a specific channel. This can be configured with the EPG3, CH2, and CHD2 rows, and headed by a CHD1 row. Note that while the EPG3 and CH2 rows require the operator to provide a channel asset to display a channel schedule, the CHD2 row will always use the same channel as the Channel detail page.
TV and mobile
- Resolved a bug preventing H6 rows from displaying empty/black tiles when sliding to the right
- Fixed a bug that displayed the incorrect fully watched status for assets
- Resolved an issue that was preventing anonymous users from playing content and utilizing the Chain-play feature
- Fixed a bug for which displayed the Home screen instead of the search screen which occurred when navigating back from the searched asset detail
- Fixed a bug to align schedule caching/fetching
- Fixed a bug that caused the app to hang on ED1 and H9 rows when scrolling
- Fixed a bug that caused the app to loop
- Resolved a design bug in relation to the FF/RW VOD overlay
- Fixed a bug around app analytics
- Fixed a bug where some errors were displaying code
- Resolved a bug that caused an error message to display when starting playback
- Fixed a bug in relation to the spacing between the Restricted profile button text and the frame.
- Fixed a bug in relation to the Delete profile button
- Resolved minor visual defects with seasons and episode numbers
- Resolved an issue that meant the Episode title was not displayed in bold
- Resolved a bug that meant the DH1/DH2 navigation icons were not visible
- Resolved a bug that caused the alignment issues for the DH2 Description box
- Resolved a bug that caused focus issues when navigating to an H7 row
- Resolved a bug relating to Casting, Show title, and Episode text size and spacing for tablets
- Resolved a bug that meant there was no differentiation between uppercase and lowercase characters in a profile name
- Resolved a bug that displayed the incorrect icon for both the progress bar and progress icon for Tablets using Chromecast
- Fixed a bug that displayed an error or reloaded the app when selecting the already selected language
- Resolved a bug with the Search on-screen keyboard
- Fixed a bug that meant the app crashed when pressing Back from the Detail page on SB4, SB1, and TB1 rows
- Resolved an issue regarding H9 rows and the Destination URL feature not working
- Fixed an analytics App ready bug which is dispatched after the user is signed out
- Resolved a bug that caused the minimized casting control not to update when switching from episode to movie