Full screen episode guide, full-width stream view, channel detail page features and Text to Speech support.*
Note: This release supports responsive web and webTV apps (including Samsung Tizen, LG webOS, and Xbox One).
This release contains the second part of our Linear implementation for responsive web and webTV applications. This includes:
- The EPG page and EPG1 channel guide row with channel schedules throughout a given period
- The CH1 row for a full-width stream of a specific channel
- Channel detail page support showing details of a specific channel
- Text To Speech support on TV applications
EPG1 - Channel guide
You can now create an EPG page for your responsive web and webTV apps that supports the EPG1 channel guide row. This row can take ingested channels or lists of scheduled content and display it as a fullscreen episode guide.
CH1 - Channel hero
The new CH1 row for responsive web and webTV apps allows you to display a full-width stream of a specific channel. This can be added as a hero header on standard category pages, or as a hero header on the Channel detail page as the CHD1 row.
Channel detail page
The Channel detail page for responsive web and webTV apps is a landing page for a specific channel. This can be configured with the EPG3, CH2, and CHD2 rows, and headed by a CHD1 row. Note that while the EPG3 and CH2 rows require the operator to provide a channel asset to display a channel schedule, the CHD2 row will always use the same channel as the Channel detail page.
Text To Speech (TTS)
Introducing a narrator feature for webTV Apps. When enabled, the focus and its context are spoken. For example, when the focus is on the navigation, you might hear "Global navigation, item Home, 1 of 6", and when focused on a row, you might hear "Row title, title, 1 of 12".
- Fixed a bug that caused some Android devices to be incorrectly detected as iOS
- Fixed inconsistent margins that were present when browsing on mobile and tablet
- Fixed an issue that prevented users from creating a restricted profile
- Samsung TV - Disconnecting a network cable on playback will now display the correct error message
- Microsoft Edge - Fixed an issue that was preventing the visibility of some hover states
- Microsoft Edge - Fixed a bug that sometimes caused an error on playback
- Fixed a bug that prevented the parental Lock from applying to the classification rating
- Fixed a bug that sometimes resulted in errors when in browser offline mode
- Fixed a bug that sometimes prevented linear content from hiding after it had completed airing
- Application accessibility updates TB2, TB3, and TB4 rows restructure
- Rework of player components for better code reuse and optimization
- UI/UX improvements
- Tools and libraries updates