Mobile nav bar menu, Menu icons, list hover overlays, send to top feature, Help Centre link, Channel detail page updates.*
Note: This release is for AXIS Presentation Manager.
Introducing a new menu type mobile nav bar, allowing operators to control the bottom, button-based navigation menu on mobile devices - including the capability to target variants to different audiences.
Minimum version requirements
We have also been working on several usability improvements, for example, a direct link to our new AXIS Help Centre, alongside the usual package of performance and security improvements and bugfixes:
- Mobile nav bar menu
- Menu icons
- Hover overlays for list asset selector
- Send to Top feature in lists
- Help Centre link
- Channel Detail page template updates
Mobile nav bar menu
Introducing a new mobile nav bar menu, this option allows you to display a menu at the bottom of the screen for mobile applications, consisting typically only of buttons with icons pointing to pages such as Home, Downloads, Search, or Account.
Operators can manage this new menu type in Presentation Manager by navigating to Display → Menus → Mobile Nav Bar.
You can now add icons to your menus to define additional visual aids in the navigation. This is crucial for any new Mobile nav bar entries where icons replace text.
Available menu icons can be managed in Admin → Settings → Menu Icons.
Hover overlays in list asset selector
When hovering over an asset in the autocomplete dropdown of the list asset selector, more information about the asset will now display in an overlay.
Send to Top feature in lists
For lists consisting of a large number of assets, a new option now allows you to easily send an asset to the top of the list by choosing the dropdown option Send to top.
Help Centre link
You can now use our new self-service AXIS Help Centre to guide you through configuring features in Presentation Manager, view Reference App examples, and keep up to date with newly released functionality.
Select the Help Center link found in the top navigation at all times to be redirected.
Channel detail page template updates
The following changes were applied to Channel detail page template:
- Added support for rows DH1, DH2, XH1 in the page header
- Added support for rows EPG3, CH2, CHD2, ED5, D10, D5, D6, D7, X2 in the page body
- API clients no longer have access to information that they can't reach within Presentation Manager based on visibility settings
- When an account is locked, the AXIS API will now return the account locked message every time, rather than only when entering the correct password
- Profiles now get auto-unlocked after a configured timeout - similar to accounts
- Succeeding list filters of the same type are now correctly evaluated with the logical operator and between them
- Registered users without a subscription can now play assets offered via a free offer
- the linear schedules endpoint now returns the correct number of assets in specific edge cases where
limitparameter is specified
- Bookmarks and resume points can now be saved for assets that have segmentation tags defined on them
- Performance of Bookmark asset and save resume point endpoints have been improved