Introducing theming for Channels and Links and various improvements and updates.*
Note: This release is for AXIS Presentation Manager.
We've made several changes to the platform including theming for Channels and Links.
One of the most popular features in AXIS is the ability to theme pages and lists easily. Now, we’re happy to say that the AXIS platform supports the same functionality for linear channels and links! This is an excellent component for when you want to quickly match the look of a Channel or Link to your brand’s identity, specific content offering, or active promotion.
Pagination of Channels page and schedules
We have removed limitations around the number of live channels and schedules that can be viewed by an AXIS operator on the Channels Page. This is great when you need a birds-eye view of all channels currently ingested by the platform. Previously, only 30 channels could be displayed.
One of the most often used features of AXIS is the ability to schedule a row or entire page to appear at specific times to the targeted audience. We have improved our scheduler to always default end times to 59th second and prevent 1-minute gaps.
Season number now supports up to 4 digits
AXIS Presentation Manager now supports 4-digit season numbers. This is useful for users who wish to refer to seasons by year, rather than sequentially. Could be used for game or reality TV shows, one-season wonders, and documentaries.
While you shouldn't see any obvious differences, under the hood we've upgraded the libraries used in the AXIS Presentation Manager UI. We take our responsibility to ensure that AXIS remains at the forefront of technology very seriously, and that means keeping our libraries and frameworks up to date. As part of this, we've also fixed a number of long-standing bugs (see list below).
Resolved an issue regarding the asset dropdown menu for newly created lists
Resolved an issue regarding segmentation tags created directly from a page, menu, or link
My Details and Change Password pages now open correctly for all types of users
Resolved a newly created page status issue within the sitemap
Fixed the page publish process so that it does not interfere with navigation
Resolved an issue where new rows are added on pages with no header
Fixed an issue when renaming page variants
As a rule of thumb, we align AXIS browser and OS support to the same minimum requirements dictated for the end consumer's delivery of video streaming. These requirements are driven by:
- Market penetration statistics for video streaming, and underlying enablement of modern video delivery and DRM formats
- Our goal to put operators in control of user experience
- Global industry trends dictated by partners and technology providers
Starting from AXIS Presentation Manager release 6.9 no longer support Internet Explorer 11.
- For Operators who are in control of User Experience, it's crucial to be able to validate it from the point of view of the majority of the user base. Operators locked to IE11 cannot ensure the results of their work for the audience.
- With Windows 7 end of support approaching soon there is a strong trend to switch from Windows 7 + IE which was a de facto corporate standard to Windows 10 and modern browsers.
- For years IE11 received and will continue to receive only technical updates, not adopting modern technologies and keeping existing issues. This forces us to deny all the benefits and efficiency of those technologies from the majority of operators using modern browsers to ensure support of IE11.