Introducing a critical success indicator dashboard.*
Note: This release is for AXIS Presentation Manager.
Introducing a critical success indicator, changes to password complexity, Chainplay, and Continue Watching improvements.
The power of data
Visualizing your company’s important audience metrics is now a necessity for the modern-day OTT purveyor. A dashboard of your critical success indicators, updated in real-time, can give you a quick indication of the overall performance of your OTT service, its expected growth, and when you may need to plug a hole that risks sinking the ship.
With this release, we’re happy to bring a degree of this functionality to Presentation Manager’s home screen. It’s not designed to replace your analytics dashboard, however, it offers a birds-eye view of the general health of your audience – how many customers you have, the number that have logged in within the last month, and which ones are at risk of abandoning you altogether.
Armed with this information you can quickly respond using AXIS’s powerful segmentation capabilities. The number of at risk users on the rise? Craft a bespoke promotion to keep them sweet. Seen a spike in the number of viewers who have signed in within the last 30 days? Make sure they are aware of the latest content to hit your service and encourage them to keep coming back for more.
It’s a win-win.
You can now see a summary of recent customer activity on the AXIS dashboard, including:
- The total number of customers in AXIS
- Customers who signed in within the last 30 days - active
- Customers who registered within the last 30 days - new
- Customers who signed in between 30 and 60 days ago - at risk
All metrics are based on customer activity within AXIS, and calculated hourly or daily (depending on the type) and respect timezone settings configured in Presentation Manager.
If you do not want this feature visible to staff, you can request for it to be disabled on an environment-by-environment basis.
Note: AXIS uses active user accounts within AXIS to calculate these statistics. If the value for total customers is significantly higher than the expected user numbers in your CRM or identity management platform, it may due to user accounts not being set to inactive when users are removed or canceled. Please liaise with your project/account manager to determine how to improve this data.
Presentation Manager password complexity
We improved password complexity requirements for Presentation Manager user accounts to ensure that all editors follow security best practices.
Passwords must now comply with the following validation rules:
- Must contain at least 1 digit, 1 lowercase letter, 1 uppercase letter, and 1 non-alphabetic character;
- Must contain at least 8 characters
Note: Existing Presentation Manager passwords will continue to work, even if they don't comply with the new password complexity requirements.
Chainplay and Continue Watching improvements
- Episodes offered through purchase or rental models are now also returned in show Chainplay. Customers can now experience uninterrupted playback regardless of how they acquired the entitlement to play the content.
- The first episode of the first season is now offered to users who finished watching the entire show
- Chainplay is now available for anonymous users
Additional caching mechanisms have been added to AXIS to serve content more effectively under certain scenarios. While these changes don't impact customer performance or custom, they extend the range of tooling used to track efficiency across the AXIS Platform.
- When saving an asset in Presentation Manager, unchanged fields are no longer validated
- AXIS Platform now respects
Resume Point Record Startand
Resume Point Record Endplayback settings defined in Presentation Manager
- Ordering now works as expected in list preview (ordering in apps was not affected)
- Menu management page now loads without errors when a referenced asset no longer exists
- Minor UI issues on archived user management pages
- Search now works correctly if the search string contains certain non-alphabetic characters
- Edit page displays the correct status for retired plans
- Improved resilience during new versions roll out