Introducing Custom asset types, subtypes and asset relations.*
Note: This release is for AXIS Presentation Manager.
This is a major feature update. We’ve added Custom assets, manageable asset subtypes, and manageable asset relationships to provide maximum flexibility to model customer-specific content types within AXIS.
Introducing a new top-level asset type called Custom that allows operators to represent and schedule non-video assets to customers.
Custom assets appear in the Assets section alongside other asset types.
Like other top-level asset types, there is a new Custom asset detail page for managing metadata, images, themes, and related assets.
Asset subtypes enable specialization of custom assets (or any asset type) to model customer-specific entities and groups.
- Teams, players, and leagues for sports services
- Artists, venues, and awards for entertainment services
- Articles, merchandise, venues for enhanced viewing experiences
Subtypes are a new top-level attribute of assets and have platform-wide support for filter, searching, and scheduling.
Subtypes can be managed by Administrators from the Admin → Settings section.
Operators can now create and manage relationships between assets to model more domain-specific hierarchies such as sports teams, players, and events.
Through an intuitive UI, operators can control the names and asset types within each relationship, including one-to-many and many-to-many relationship types.
Descriptionfield is not mandatory anymore across all asset types
- The 1024 characters per any attribute limit have been removed
- Resolved the issue around Continue watching failing or not available for TV Shows for seasons with a very large number of episodes
- Resolved the publishing issue with links set to have Page as their
- Fixed the issue of the missing last List item (defined in rules)
- AXIS API now correctly returns 401 status on a sign-in attempt with a password less than 6 characters long
- PM preserving row attributes after changing its type
- Resolved various minor PM UI issues
As part of an upgrade, AXIS 7.0 will automatically convert existing static relations (trailers, extras, etc) to dynamic ones. Your existing trailer content will continue to work as expected.
- The subtype field is not displayed in PM on the asset page when the current asset type has no subtypes
- Device selection input is not populated when opening any tab in Display → Menus for the first time
For a workaround please switch to another tab (Header, Account, Footer, Metadata) under Menus section and back
- Device selection input does not expand its sections (TV, Browser, Tablet, Mobile) immediately.
For a workaround please move your mouse cursor a bit