Support for Downloads in Subscription Offers, Android TV Operator Tier Support, and MongoDB Atlas Support.*
Note: This release is for AXIS Presentation Manager.
This release is primarily intended to support the recent releases of Downloads on the iOS and Android reference apps, and make it easier to target the availability of Downloads within the Reference Apps.
Support for Downloads in Subscription Offers
To complement our recent releases of Downloads on the iOS and Android Reference Apps, we've improved support for enabling downloads on subscription offers. Previously this was only available on individual Rental and EST offers.
You can now configure which assets are downloadable by setting the delivery type on Plans that your users can purchase.
To explain how it works, let's take a look at what happens when an end-user purchases a plan, the user:
- Joins the assigned user group (subscription) configured on the plan
- Gains access to all content offered to that user group via Subscription Offers
- Depending on the delivery type configured on the plan the end-user purchased, they can either only stream or also sownload content
Android TV operator tier support
To complement our recent release of the Android TV operator tier Reference App, we've enabled support of the new device type across the AXIS Platform.
MongoDB Atlas support
Starting from this release, the AXIS Platform can be deployed on MongoDB Atlas cloud instance.
Note: It's advised, but not required, to switch to Atlas during upgrade to AXIS 7.2. It will become mandatory in future releases.
- AXIS API extensibility improved, responses containing offer entity now also return their custom fields
- Improved performance of list loading, especially for large ones
- Import of segmentation tags from external CRM system made easier
- Minor extensibility and performance improvements in search, ingestion, and playback
- Resolved the page variant issue that failed to save because of empty color properties
- Resolved the lists page issue that no turned blank when navigating back and scrolling
- Resolved the lists page issue that reloaded the whole table when scrolling down through many lists
- Resolved the issue around saving lists that contained a filter without a value
- Fixed input values on forms
- Resolved an error message issue when saving an empty list
- Resolved an issue around link destinations
- Resolved a page saving issue when changing a row type
- Fixed the asset consistency issue between preview in Presentation Manager and apps
- Validation of Home Own HD release period is no longer mixed up with Home Own SD release
- Subscription Offers form in Presentation Manager displays non-editable
Streamdelivery type. Please ignore this field as it is not used - we plan to remove it in the future AXIS versions.