Learn how to configure the Mobile Nav Bar feature for mobiles.*
Android and iOS Reference Apps have built-in functionality for a bottom navigation bar. This article covers the configuration of the mobile navigation bar.
How to set up the mobile navigation bar
To configure the items shown in the bottom navigation bar, follow the steps below:
- In Presentation Manager, head to DISPLAY → Menus.
2. Select Mobile Nav Bar from the left-hand side options.
3. Next, click the button to create a menu group for your new navigation bar.
4. Once here, add your sub-menu items by typing a label and selecting the destination.
5. Enter information into the required fields:
- Enter label (20 character limit): The name of the menu item. You can select an existing page or create a custom label. If you choose an existing page, the destination field is automatically populated.
- Enter destination: The destination users are taken to when they select the menu item.
- Icon (required): The icon that should appear for the menu item. An icon must be selected for this menu type: the changes can't be saved if the field is left as the default of No icon. Available icons are managed in Admin → Settings → Menu Icons.
Note: While you can add more than five sub-menu items, five is the maximum displayed on the navigation bar at a time. These will be the first five sub-menu items in the group. To reorder the group's sub-menu items, click and drag the sub-menu item to the desired position.
The mobile navigation bar supports the use of variants. Read our article to learn more about variants and segmentation.