Accessibility improvements, cross-platform resume points, performance upgrades, Web TV updates for Samsung TVs.*
Note: This release supports responsive web and webTV apps (including Samsung Tizen, LG webOS, and Xbox One).
This release contains the first part of our accessibility improvements for responsive web and web TV applications, cross-platform resume points, and several performance updates.
In this release, we are launching part one of our accessibility updates to help improve the ease of navigation for all users. These improvements include:
Refined selection focus when navigating to linked pages
- Focusable Items on the Item detail page when using Voice Over assistance
- Navigation to both item title and the item description when using Voice Over assistance on the Item detail page
- Navigation to season descriptions when using Voice Over assistance on the Show detail page
- Fine-tuned alignment of Homepage links for easier access to other parts of your app.
- Improved button alignment on the Sign-In page
- Enhanced TTS (Text-to-Speech) including more pauses between pieces of text
- Improved video player focus control
Cross-platform resume points
User resume points for your video content are now consistent across all platforms. We have also implemented better resume points saving to ensure video playback resumes correctly and accurately across your devices.
We've updated the AXIS web apps with a new version of the React library. Improving the performance of our web apps, as well as providing us with better optimization options for future releases.
WebTV app updates for Samsung Smart TVs
- Added support for Samsung TV voice controls
- Added support for older Samsung TV models such as the 2016 Tizen range
- Improvements to how the app handles various offline states
- Taglines will now be shown on web and webTV apps exactly as they are in Presentation Manager, without any additional modifications
- Fixed a bug that prevented hero arrows aren't displayed after navigating back with shift+tab
- Fixed an issue where hero items were not correctly focused
- Minor visual fixes to the 404 page
- Fixed a bug that prevented log-in when only one restricted profile exists
- Fixed a bug that caused link list items with external URLs navigating to the wrong path
- Fixed an issue that resulted in playback failing on assets with segmentation tags
- The volume bar no longer disappears when you move to focus on it using the tab key
- Fixed incorrect URL links on the 1st tile of PB1, SB1, and TB1 rows
- Fixed incorrect URL link for the 4:3 block image on the SB1 row
- Fixed an issue that caused metadata to overlap with the asset title when an asset has a long episode and season name
- Fixed a bug that was causing the main menu logo to overlap with the side menu button
- Improved the stability of Chain-play
- The app page will now refresh correctly after the network is disconnected and reconnected
- Fixed incorrect URL links on the 1st tile of PB1 row
- Resolved an issue that caused a black screen with Back to Top button upon signing out
- TTS Enhancement for more pauses between pieces of text
Fixed a bug that caused a page not found error to display when selecting Feature list pages.