Enhanced search, list and page UX improvements, bug fixes.*
Note: This release is for the AXIS platform (Presentation Manager and APIs.)
This release for the AXIS Platform (Presentation Manager and APIs) delivers the first phase of enhancements to Search, as well as several UX improvements to lists and pages.
Use the links below to jump to a specific section to find out more.
- Enhanced search API
- Updated SuperAdministrator permissions
- Click through to link destinations
- Improved UX for list rule selection
Enhanced Search page
With the addition of a new Enhanced Search page template, we’ve given operators the ability to configure the search results page without needing developer input. The Enhanced Search page supports a set of new search rows that you can configure to display specific asset types. Choose your rows, specify asset types, and define other page elements including row order and row title, to enhance the end-user search experience.
You can now choose between displaying the standard Search page or the new, configurable Enhanced Search. Find out more, and learn how to configure the page, in our Enhanced Search page article.
Row count on page variants
We’ve added a row count to page variants. You can now see a sum of all the rows you’ve added to each variant of a page, allowing you to keep track of your content and avoid potential performance issues or content being cut off.
Hover over the new Row count tooltip to see the number of rows of each type – header, body, and footer – that have been added to the page.
You now have the option of duplicating an existing list, significantly simplifying the process of curating content.
Access the new Duplicate option from either the list actions menu, or the More dropdown on the list detail page. The new list will have ‘copy’ in its title. It will include the same content and metadata as the original list, and you can then edit it as needed.
Read more about this feature, and learn how to create and manage your lists.
Color-coded page variants
We’ve added the ability to color-code page variant tabs, making it easier to distinguish between variants – for example, those created by different editorial teams.
A new Add details option on the variant tab menu opens a Variant details page, where you can define and manage the name and color of the variant tab. Learn more about editing page variants.
Enhanced search API
We’ve updated the AXIS search API to include deeper searches across more fields. We’ve also implemented a more advanced approximate string (or ‘fuzzy’) matching, supporting the return of a wider range of search results. This includes searches on incomplete or misspelled search terms, words with accented characters and those in different languages.
Updated SuperAdministrator permissions
Users with SuperAdministrator permissions (also referred to as wizards) can now assign the same role to existing Presentation Manager users.
The SuperAdministrator role is only available for existing users – it cannot be assigned when creating a new user.
Read our article for more information on how to create and manage users.
Click through to link destinations
When adding links to a page you can now click through to the link destination. Added URLs now appear as hyperlinks, allowing you to confirm that the URL and the destination are correct before saving.
Improved UX for list rule selection
We’ve tweaked the layout of the dropdown fields used to configure list rules. Wider fields mean you can see the list of options more clearly, with tooltips available where needed, to help you make the right selection.
- Fixed a bug that caused the drop-down menu button on a list rule to be hidden unless the mouse cursor was hovered directly over it.
- Fixed a bug that prevented some list pages from opening when using a Firefox browser.
- Fixed a bug whereby a confirmation request message appeared again when a user had already confirmed the page deletion.
- Fixed an issue that meant a sub-menu header title could not be set or edited.
- Fixed a bug that caused an error when saving a list rule after changing an event start or end date from a Defined Date and Time setting to Now.
- Fixed a bug that meant that clicking on the grey row element when configuring a page did not open the Choose row type dialog as expected.
- Fixed a bug that prevented Presentation Manager from correctly displaying episode numbers that are greater than three digits long.
- Fixed an issue with an error message that meant users were not notified that an email address was already in use when entering it for a different user.
- Fixed a bug whereby a cropped image was shown in the list preview instead of the placeholder thumbnail when there were no ingested image files of the specified ratio available to display.
- Fixed a bug that caused the asset selector overlay to display behind other page elements when adding assets to a row.
- Fixed a bug that could cause an app to crash if more than one language is included as a parameter.
- Fixed a bug that meant that in some situations users had to scroll right rather than down to select segmentation tags, while configuring page rows.