Mtribes integration updates, component refactoring, bug fixes.*
Note: This release supports Responsive web and webTV apps (including Samsung Tizen, LG webOS, and Xbox One).
This release delivers a number of back-end changes and bug fixes. Use the links below to jump to a specific section, or scroll down to find out more.
- Mtribes segments and Segments Provider API
- Polyfill refactoring
- Player wrapper refactoring
- Bug fixes
Mtribes segments and Segments Provider API
The mtribes integration has been completely rewritten and integrated through the new Segments Provider API.
This has the benefit of:
- Allowing the injection of extra logic to extend, modify or filter the content-filtering segments
- Applying segments to anonymous users
- Updating segment providers asynchronously whenever the user changes
- Collecting segments asynchronously for each API call
Breaking change: The content filtering cookie is now set by the Responsive web app, instead of by the Rocket API, and its internal representation has changed.
Note: By default, mtribes adds a large number of segments to the API calls. You’re advised to optimize or filter them before you deploy.
We’ve made changes to our implementation of polyfills, a service that provides feature support for older browsers and other web targets.
Polyfills have been removed from the main bundle and are now built as a standalone module per target (Responsive web, Tizen, LG webOS, etc.). This allows them to be loaded dynamically only when required by the platform.
Player wrapper refactoring
We’ve delivered the first phase of aligning our Responsive web and TV video players. Both now use the same, easy-to-swap media container, or ‘wrapper’, bringing efficiencies to the process of content delivery.
- Fixed a bug that caused a bogus sign-out call when clearing filters
- Fixed an issue with the appearance of the FollowItem button on item detail pages
- Fixed the missing hover-over effect on the C1 row
- Fixed an issue with routing and support for Custom Destination
- Fixed an issue with the item toggle logic on the Follow page
- Fixed an issue with the default/fallback color for H10 Hero text
- Fixed a bug that caused an undesirable auto-focus when navigating the top menu using a mouse
- Fixed a bug that caused a resume point to be recorded outside of the interval set up in Presentation Manager
- Fixed a memory leak issue with the memoize implementation
- Fixed a bug on webTV that caused the incorrect detection of when a page was fully loaded